Discover a new level of productivity in activeCollab
What do you get with Quick Add Plus?
- Add Tasks / Subtasks using Quick Add dialog. You can select a parent Task / Ticket / Page / Checklist while adding a task / subtask. You no longer need to locate parent item’s page to add a sub item.
- Log time on desired project objects rather than just the project. You can now select a parent item while adding a Time Record via Quick Add. So instead of tracking time on project, you can now track it also on a specific task / ticket / checklist.
- Work as you think! Quick Add Plus swaps Object Type and Project columns in the initial Quick Add screen. This makes Quick Add process more intuitive. You think “Let me add a ticket for this work to XYZ project” and not “In XYZ project, I want to add a ticket”.
- Remembers the last item you added time too. Selects it automatically the next time you want to add time.
- Ability to restrict who gets access to add Tasks via Quick Add using Project Roles.
The Story Behind Quick Add Plus
You know, we are a lot like you. I rely heavily on activeCollab for my business and use it throughout the day. As new work shows up, I add tickets to activeCollab so that I don’t forget them. Every now and then I also add a quick time record.
Frankly, that Quick Add button sitting at the end is one of my favorites. It does save me a lot of time, but I was kinda annoyed it wasn’t quite intuitive. I also missed the ability to add tasks and add time to specific items and not just projects.
As it goes with all our products, we wanted to scratch this itch. And then came Blackstone Media Group – who had similar requirements. They were ready to pay for initial efforts. We built the module for them. Ran it for 3 months. Now, we have improved it even further and are launching it for everyone. And guess what, everyone’s loved it so much. Let me show you why.
It now works the way you and I think. You see, whenever I use Quick Add, it begins with a thought like… “hey, let me add a task for this new feature for Planning Module.”
Note that “task” comes before “project”. You first think what you want to add, and then figure out which project you want to add it to. Hence we have swapped the Project and Object columns in Quick Add dialog. It now fits naturally in our thinking.
Third, you can now add Tasks via Quick Add. You know those small work items that don’t deserve a full ticket for themselves? You can select a parent object – a Checklist, Page or Ticket – and then add Task summary. You may also assign team members, set priority and give a due date.
And here’s a forth tweak that may rally your team. With Quick Add Plus, they can now add time on a specific item right from Quick Add dialog. They can add time record to a project (which is how it worked earlier) or they can add it on a particular task or ticket. Imagine the time you will save with this…
Like I said, these changes have made Quick Add super super useful. You and your team can now spend more time getting things done, rather than switching around pages.
I am sure this small investment will bring in unprecedented returns. Go ahead and buy Quick Add Plus today.