We released version 1.2 of our most popular tool – Planning Module for activeCollab – today. This is a significant release and adds numerous enhancements and fixes important bugs.
Here’s what has changed.
- Supports viewing Gantt chart for multiple projects together. Click Select Projects button and check all projects you want to see. (Idea from Thomas, Andy Jones and others)
- Calendar in Outline view: Start and Due dates now sport a date picker calendar for easy date selection. Auto complete and anual entry still work too. (Idea by Randy)
- Administration Panel added: Planning module configuration can now be done from activeCollab’s administration panel.
- Category Templates from Admin: Set template to use as Ticket / Page description for each category. (Ok, this is our own idea, something that was on the wishlist from version 1!)
- Branding Removal allowed: Tick one option (Show Help) to No in Admin and the AppsMagnet branding / Help menu will be hidden. And we are not charging anything extra for this 😉 (Suggestion by Michael, Gary and others)
- Subscriber support in Level 2 items added. Also in Batch Update. A checkbox in Card view lets you subscribe all assignees. (Idea by Cyberz & Alexey)
- Batch Update: Assignees can now be added / replaced. (Original idea by Alexey)
- Open Selected Items in AC: A button in top menu under Cards View now lets you open currently selected Tickets, Pages or Checklists within activeCollab interface. This lets you make comments or further edits from original activeCollab interface. (Idea from Alexey)
- Allowed changing projects and managing settings for Read Only users.
- HTTPS Support: Planning module works well under HTTPS (if your entire activeCollab setup is under HTTPS)
- Order of Milestones in Outline can now be on dates always. Even if you reorder them. Available as an option under Admin. (Feedback by Fabienne, Alexey, William and Matt)
- Cleanups in Gantt view – hide item text in chart, added item type on tooltips
- Notifications about item updates are now saved by default and can be turned off in Admin. (Thanks to Alexey for asking the question)
- Zombie handling (parent item completed, children still open) improved.
- Plus a few more…
- Date auto complete problem with MM/DD format solved. (Reported by WillemN, Tim Swilling and Fabienne)
- Date parsing problem with 4 digit years solved. (Reported by WillemN, Tim Swilling and Fabienne)
- Quick Start guide link incorrect with friendly URLs. Fixed. (Ok, we get the credit here)
- Jump to Ticket (Tickets hacks) gave 404 error if nothing was entered. Added validation to ensure something is entered in field! (Thanks Alexey for the bug report)
- Category icon width: made all category icons 16×16. (Caught by Alexey)
- Invalid workflow status now falls back to “New”.
- Items completed by users who are now deleted caused Save to fail.
Here are some screenshots of these updated features.
How to Upgrade?
You can always download the latest version of Planning Module for activeCollab using the download link in your purchase confirmation email. If you can not find your purchase confirmation email send us the email address with which you purchased the module.We will resend the email with download link.
Upgrading is just like installing. First go to activeCollab Administration – Modules. Uninstall current Planning module. Then upload new version files to your server. Go back to activeCollab Administration and install Planning module. That’s all!
acGarage customers will receive their upgrade automatically over the next few days.
BTW, if you have not yet signed up for acGarage, it’s a great time to do so. We can upgrade both your activeCollab setup and Planning module in one go!
How to Buy?
If you have not yet bought the Planning Module, you can buy it now. It’s only $149.