Confidential Pages Module will merge with Tickets Plus
We announced late last week that we plan to release a new module – Confidential Pages – in two weeks. While development was going in full swing we realized:
- It will be confusing for users to have a new module for confidential pages
- Features provides by Pages – like versioning, tracking changes etc were not that important
- Pages functionality is very similar to Tickets
- As a matter of fact, it will be very good to have Confidential Tickets
- The reason why we wanted a separate module was that it will not create problems for any existing modules. Hacking a core module can cause things to break – e.g. Confidential Tickets may show up in Planning Module
- After thinking about this long and hard, we concluded that Confidential Pages Module will be no more.
- We will promote Tickets Plus as a first class module for activeCollab (instead of the current “hack” status). This new module will support Confidential Tickets – tickets accessible only by people who are subscribed / assigned to them (and Administrators)
- This will also mean less maintenance for us as we have to manage a single product
- More importantly, it means Tickets will now pack immense power. Imagine creating tickets that only a specific person in your team can see.
What do you think? Is this wise? Will it make more sense?