Updates – Mid May 2009
The way things are going, AppsMagnet is going to see a burst of activity in the next few months! Here are noteworty items from the last few weeks.
- We upgraded PlannerX today. Fixed a few bugs and added speed improvements. One major improvement is in reorganizing milestones as todo-lists or items. Basecamp guys added a feature to their API on our request and that saved a lot of back and forth. There are still known issues in PlannerX and we are working on improvements.
- Reports module is finding more fans! At the same time, the largest customer support issue has been VIEW creation permissions on MySQL. Many customers reported their server does not allow this. We are working on an upgrade that does not require MySQL views. This may slightly take longer to generate reports, but will work for almost everyone.
- Our feature additions to Reports module – project group level reporting, daily updates etc have also been welcomed.
- Planning module – I was happily surprised that so many people are waiting for Planning module! We released a paid beta to Reports module customers. Many people bought Reports module to get Planning module beta after that! We received some feedback and are working on it. But need more! Will be catching up with all beta customers this week to push it forward.
- iQuotations – our first iPhone app has been downloaded for more than 25000 times within one month of launch. The paid Puzzler has not picked up. We are now readying to launch some paid apps based on iQuotations. We are excited by their value, and look forward to a warm welcome from users!
- As we grow, customer support requests are growing. We will need to dedicate more time to customer support than development after major releases! Will also need better systems to manage billing and customer communications. But we are thrilled with the kind of customers we have. Your support makes us go an extra mile!
- There are other ideas we have in mind for AppsMagnet, more on that in the next update!
Thank you for your support!