On February 12, 2010, Apps Magnet completed its first year of operations. We launched the Reports module for activeCollab just a year ago – but it seems like long time!
So what have we achieved in the last year? Here are some numbers.
- 9 products, plus some defunct and some under development!
- 850+ customers
- 55% customers purchased more than one product
- 300+ topics on our GetSatisfaction support forums, 340+ customers participating
- 2 main focus areas – activeCollab and Basecamp
- 28 product updates
- 2 People Team, both with day jobs (yes!)
I also did a revenue contribution breakdown. Planning module is our best selling product. activeCollab business gives us more than 80% revenues. But both our Planning tools – Planning module for activeCollab and PlannerX for Basecamp together claim 77% of the business. That is what gave us the success – solving one problem really well.
Thank you for your love and support. We couldn’t make it without you – our customers.
The year was eventful and I have many stories to tell. Like why we closed down our iPhone unit, why we are building only extensions and not full products, how I goofed up in one version of Planning module, and how my itch to know daily sales led to creation of Putler. Let me know if you would like to hear some!