We are releasing Planning Module 1.6 today. The best got better!
Highlights of this release are:
- Tickets hacks are now a separate module – Tickets Plus Module and include major enhancements
- You can now work full screen with Planning module
- Some long standing bugs are gone – private milestones and version conflicts are the main ones
- Planning Module (and other latest releases) now officially support activeCollab 2.3.2 and onwards (we are dropping support for older versions)
Upgrading requires some work, else you may see errors
Upgrading to Planning Module 1.6 requires some extra work – apart from the standard “upload the ‘for-upload’ folder and install module from admin” procedure. Since we have decoupled Planning module and Tickets Plus, and that Tickets Plus is now a module, we need to bring the installation back to a cleaner state before uploading Planning module / Tickets Plus files.
Common Questions you may have
Why are we separating Tickets hacks as a new module?
Short answer: operational efficiencies.
Long answer: Tickets enhancements have been a huge success. As we call them – they are like a warrior’s sword. A warrior needs to keep his sword sharp. And we plan to enhance Tickets Plus regularly. We started selling Tickets Plus as a separate product couple months back but included all files in Planning module for your convenience. This means every time a new version of Tickets Plus comes out, we also need to roll out a new Planning module version. We would also need to closely coordinate development of both products. And as we released a new version of either of them, customers will have to upgrade them too. This was getting complicated. Hence we decided to split. We can now work independently on each product and you can now upgrade them independently as well.
Do I have to pay again for Tickets Plus?
No! Tickets Plus module is complimentary to all Planning Module customers even now. All Planning Module customers will see new Tickets Plus Module downloads in their accounts. Use links there to download your copy of Tickets Plus.
Why are we dropping support for older activeCollab versions?
Frankly, to make our (and yours) lives easier. We believe activeCollab 2.3.2 is a solid version, and everyone should upgrade to it. Secondly, supporting multiple versions took longer time in development, testing and customer service.
If you are using older version of activeCollab, you can download / use earlier version of Planning / Tickets Plus modules.
Should I upgrade?
My license has expired. What should I do?
Please renew your license. This will give you an additional year’s upgrades and will help us continue bringing improvements!
When will “Feature X / Y / Z” be available?
We are defining priorities for the next version of Planning Module. There are some ideas we are considering – like better printing, multiple projects in outline view and resource management. Please post your suggestions on our forum and vote for features you like.
Here are full release notes.
- Separated Tickets Plus from Planning Module
- Tickets Plus: Live search on Tickets List view
- Tickets Plus: Added In Progress workflow status
- Tickets Plus: Workflow names and CSS associations updated, so you can now easily change workflow status labels
- Tickets Plus: Quick Update now only changes responsible person so other assignees are preserved
- Tickets Plus: Enhanced List and Print views
- Full screen mode: Planning Module can now fill your entire browser screen via Full screen mode.
- Added support for Confidential Items Module: You can now make items confidential from Planning Module itself.
- Added Actual Hours field in CSV export
- Milestones were created as Private for Private Projects
- Cards view search function was broken. Fixed.
- Tickets Plus: Drag and drop did not work in tickets list
- Notifications said “Created” when the item was updated