Upgrading Planning module to version 1.6 or Tickets Plus module to version 1.2+ requires some work, else you may see errors
Upgrading to Planning Module 1.6 (or Tickets Plus 1.2+) requires some extra work – apart from the standard “upload the ‘for-upload’ folder and install module from admin” procedure. Since we have decoupled Planning module and Tickets Plus, and that Tickets Plus is now a module, we need to bring the installation back to a cleaner state before uploading Planning module / Tickets Plus files.
Here’s what needs to be done:
- Uninstall Planning module from activeCollab admin (this is not mandatory, but will keep things simpler). Rest assured, uninstalling Planning module won’t remove any of your data.
- Do not uninstall Tickets module. Uninstalling Tickets module removes all tickets from the system. You don’t want to do that.
- Delete the
activecollab/application/modules/planningfolder from the server.
config/tickets_plus_config.phpfile as well.
- It’s best to re-upload Tickets module folders from original activeCollab source. But at least, delete following four files from
function.object_category_icon.php, function.select_assignees_box.php, function.select_box_redirect.php, function.select_workflow_status.php
- You can now upload all contents of
for-uploadfolders from Planning and Tickets Plus module .zip files.
- Now, go ahead and activate Planning and Tickets Plus modules from admin.
cachefolders from your server via FTP / SSH.
- Go to Tickets list in a project. You should see the live search box near the top.
- Verify Planning module is working fine.
- That’s all! Enjoy the upgrades now.
What kind of errors are expected?
You may see
Smarty Error and
Fatal error: Call to undefined method Tickets::getWorkflowStatuses(). They may come from a file in Planning or Tickets module. Both can be resolved if you follow above instructions.
activeCollab 2.3.2 is the only officially supported version now
Please note that we only support activeCollab 2.3.2+ now. Our products may work with earlier versions (they generally do) but we won’t be able to support activeCollab compatibility issues if any.
Will this upgrade break anything else?
We don’t think so. This undefined method problem is the only one we anticipate. If you notice any other issues, please report them on our support forums.
I had made changes to
tickets_plus_config.php. How do I apply them again?
activecollab/application/modules/planning (if you are using Planning module only) or
config/tickets_plus_config.php. Now make changes to this file. Your updates will be used by both Planning and Tickets Plus modules.