Planning Module 1.2.1 – enhancements and bug fix release available
We received dozens of fan mails and thank-you notes after the last major Planning Module upgrade – version 1.2. We are thrilled by customer feedback and glad that the module is really helping people plan their projects 5 times (or more) faster! Some customers even said that they bought activeCollab because of Planning module! That makes us proud!
At the same time, we received bug reports and tweak requests. And here comes another release of Planning Module! It adds few features and fixes some annoyances. We recommend you upgrade.
BTW, if you don’t like to keep upgrading modules and activeCollab yourself, we offer an annual upgrade and housekeeping service – acGarage.
Here are the changes in this version.
- Updated error handling during server problems. Session time out, PHP errors and others are treated distinctly now.
- Increased the width of “Recover Project” message for readability. (thanks to Jani Kiviranta)
- Now stripping invalid characters from plan before XML handling. (thanks to Brian and others)
- Fixed number of issues with notification sending. (thanks to Randy, Alexey and others)
- Start and Due dates now span full days in Gantt chart. (thanks to Franklau for reporting this)
- Top menu toggle button labels can now be translated. (thanks to Jani Kiviranta)
- IE7/8 gave “HTTP Request Error” over HTTPS (thanks to Chris)
- Updated upgrade instructions. (thanks to Anthony for pointing to confusion)
The last version (1.2) was a significant upgrade and added support for multiple projects on Gantt chart, calendar for start/due dates in Outline, an administration panel, branding removal option and many other features. Click here to review release notes of version 1.2.
How to Upgrade?
You can always download the latest version of Planning Module for activeCollab using the download link in your purchase confirmation email. If you can not find your purchase confirmation email send us the email address with which you purchased the module.We will resend the email with download link.
Upgrading is done by uninstalling the module and then installing it. First go to activeCollab Administration – Modules. Uninstall current Planning module. Then upload new version files to your server. Go back to activeCollab Administration and install Planning module. That’s all!
acGarage customers have already been upgraded with this latest release!
BTW, if you have not yet signed up for acGarage, it’s a great time to do so. We can upgrade both your activeCollab setup and Planning module in one go!
How to Buy?
If you have not yet bought the Planning Module, you can buy it now. It’s only $149.
Pingback: Never Before Week Ahead – 4 launches, beginning 1 major upgrade